Sunday, December 4, 2011

Vision

I am seeing people in a new dimension. And this is a good thing. It's really hard to explain too, but I'll try. God is showing me a lot of the whys behind human behavior, and this includes myself. I am seeing "roots" of behavior instead of judging the outward "fruits", whether they are ripe or rotten. This makes it much easier to love people. We are taught as Christians to love one another and this is true, but I think you have to get beyond your own ability to love and see through His eyes what loving one another means. I was praying about this since it has been on my mind so much and then turned on some praise tunes on Pandora, which plays random songs, and this came on:



Definite divine moment. I've heard it a million times, I love the song, but this time it really touched my heart. It was just what I had been praying about. "Give me your love for humanity", YES!, that isn't that what we need?! And I am so glad that God has brought me so far in seeing His love for His people. We are all His people, He loves us. "God so loved the WORLD", that's all of us.
Imagine if we trusted God enough to give us His eyes? Our job is not to correct one another all the time, or to judge another man's heart, but isn't that what happens all too often? We are all guilty of being in our own "bubble" and missing opportunities to show compassion toward one another. I am really thankful that God is helping me to grow in His love so I can see these opportunities.
I know it's impossible to fully understand why people do the things they do. If we seek His wisdom instead of placing ourselves as the "god" of our own understanding, then it isn't so hard to love one another, true love, not the love we are "supposed" to have as Christians. You can say you love, but if your actions constantly prove different, then maybe you are seeing out of the wrong prescription.
God's eyes are possible to see from, because we are created in His image! His vision is beyond perfect. If we continue to seek Him and receive His love, then we can take off our glasses and see the world as He does.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

This is so good!! It reminds me of..."People don't care how much you know till they know how much you care." When you let God love you through your junk and love people through their junk (and good stuff) it's so much easier to receive what each other has to offer and to freely give what we have to offer.